Nutri-Gastronomic Banana bread - no butter & no sugar
With this healthy banana bread recipe, you’re only a few simple ingredients away from the best banana bread ever! It’s made with extra virgin olive oil, whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with healthy honey.
What I love about this recipe; You can easily make this banana bread vegan or gluten free by replacing milk with almond milk and flour with almond or oat flour.
- 6 tsp extra-virgin olive oil – I used ELY SÉIDE Délicatesse – it is just the best for baking - full of fruity flavour yet sound and buttery.
- 8 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 4 tsp milk of choice or water (Not much really, just to give it a bit of moisture)
- 1 tsp baking soda ( not baking powder; they are not quite the same guys!)
- ½ tsp salt (You need that, to balance the flavours out)
- A handful of pecan, walnuts or other nuts or ground cinnamon to drizzle on top.
- 200Gr regular whole wheat flour – prefer organic please (there is a lot going on with pesticides on regular wheat production !)
EASY COOKING METHOD
- Preheat oven to 165 C ( 325F) and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, Mix and beat all the ingredients together with the flour being last.
- Pour everything into your oiled loaf pan and add (if you like) cinnamon, nuts ...
- Bake for 50 minutes at 170 C ( 330F)
And that is it !
Serve when it has cooled off a bit as it will be easier to get the bread out of the loaf pan.
And important step here: ENJOY ! It is Healthy, Super delicious and Uber nutritious!
SHOP THE RECIPE
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.